Are you working, but looking for a way to boost your pay and find new challenges? Many adults easily answer yes to that question. Isothermal is here to help you meet the problem of underemployment with a new set of streamlined diplomas and certificates, designed to be completed in less than a year.
The program is called Flexible Adult Studies Tracks (FAST). Recognizing that many working adults have limited time and differing obligations, the courses are offered in a combination of online, hybrid and minimal face-to-face formats. “We are excited about packaging these diplomas and certificates in this manner,” said Dr. Dolly Horton, Isothermal’s vice president of Academic and Student Services. “We know many people in our community would love to be able to take advantage of this kind of learning to better themselves and advance their careers. However, we are keenly aware that life happens. It’s tough to take time out of a workday to come to class when you have so many job and family obligations. FAST addresses that in its flexibility and focus on short-term certifications and diplomas that can lead to better jobs quickly.”
At this point, the classes that will be offered include:
- Basic Law Enforcement Training Certificate
- Business Administration Diploma
- Criminal Justice Diploma
- Information Technology Certificates: C++ Programming, Computer Programming & Development, Front End Web Development, Game Programming, Java Programming, Python Programming
- Medical Office Administration Certificate
- Medical Office Administration/Medical Billing & Coding Certificate
- Payroll Accounting Certificate
- Welding Technology Certificate
The time commitment varies, depending on the program you select. Financial aid is available and, if you’re a resident of Rutherford or Polk counties, the Powers Promise means your tuition may be free.
Contact the Admissions Office at 828-395-4193 for more details.